Monday, February 06, 2006

A Scrap of Laguna de Santa Rosa

The "Lagoon" in my last post bears no relation to the lagoon in the pastel below; but the paintings shared a piece of Wallis paper. Couldn't toss the 14"x5" scrap, so I've put a view of the Laguna de Santa Rosa on it, perhaps a learning piece, as they all are, really. This one wants a big tree toward the right; it took courage enough to put in the island on the left! The tree MAY enter the picture tomorrow. (By the way, do you know that if you click on the image, you'll see it enlarged?)

For reference, I used a photo shot by Eric Johnson, a friend of my friend Helen Shane; Helen is doing an oil from Eric's great shot. The original photo is of a misty, stormy day.

A terrible thing happened when I took my photo of the painting into Photoshop. What you see here looks just like the real thing. Unfortunately, this took implementing "auto levels." Before I did that, Photoshop had found a way to make this painting absolutely gorgeous and very masterly! Woo woo, I wish I had painted it that way!!! Do you want to see that one?

Strength and endurance are slowly returning, but there's plenty for making some art, and time too, with my fab boyfriend stepping up for ALL the chores. If I hadn't got drunk and married him 33 years ago, I might just do it now.

1 comment:

Joyce said...

Yes, I would like to see the photoshop one!

Joyce