Sunday, October 16, 2005


The Ol Man forgot how to make breakfast today, so here we are with my speedy scramble at 1 pm. Starvation compelled it. Eggs and the dregs of the fridge. Good enuf.

New iPods get shipped midweek, so I hafta wait for my multiple-celebration present!! What does that mean? Wasting an hour researching all the goodies to come. Yumyum.

Irreverence is good for humans. Not the hateful, destructive kind. No. Rather, the kind that says, what're you tryiing to sell me, world? I'm not buying what you force, or what you force-feed, or what you sneak in. I'm not buying guilt or fear or 10,000 Parisians can't be wrong. And if you get yerself all puffed up about something and think that obligates others to agree or admire or change their ways or kowtow--well, watch out, because I carry hatpins.

Hatpins don't hurt. They just let the air out of puffery and pomposity. Well, maybe reality might hurt a little, when yer not used to it.

I useta know English inside and out. Useta have it down and, boy did it bug me when folks messed it up! Well, that wasn't a good thing. Oh, good language is a good thing still. (If I keep this blogging biz up, you'll see some in formal stuff I might write.) But being bugged wasn't, so--sometimes kicking&screaming on the way--it's going.

Now I think this is enough for a first episode. Nothing of any import or relevance to anything much. Peace & cheer to all who may happen upon it.


Oh yeah. Today is after all a special day. It's the 110th anniversary of the birth of my dad. Kenneth Franklin Comstock was a special person. Sure would love to have him nearby still.

1 comment:

Martha Marshall said...

Love your blog Margot -- And your painting! All of it of course, but this little landscape is a jewel.

Martha